INSTALLATION GUIDES VINYL FLOORING
Kährs Luxury Tiles vinyl floors aren’t just beautiful and practical. They’re also easy and quick to install. Whether your new vinyl floor is laid using smart Click-joints or glue, you’ll find easy-to-follow instructions, preparations and helpful tips along the way.
Before you begin
The temperature of both the room and floor materials must be between +18°C and +25°C. Make sure the floorboards have been stored within this temperature range for at least 24 hours before you begin laying your floor.
Kährs Luxury Tiles can be laid on top of most underlays. The underlay should be clean, dry, solid and flat. Remove all existing wall-to-wall carpeting or similar floor coverings. If the vinyl floor is to be laid on top of concrete, the relative humidity (RH) can be a maximum of 85% in the underlay. If you are using glue and laying your vinyl floor on top of underfloor heating, the heat must be turned off for the entire installation process and drying time.
Here are a few fast tips for installing our vinyl floors:
- Estimate how many floorboards cover the breadth of the room. The breadth at either end cannot be less than 50mm.
- Examine all floorboards before laying them to make sure there is no damage.
- Lay floorboards longitudinally according to the room (lengthways).
- If you‘re laying a Click vinyl floor, make sure there is an expansion joint of 10mm around the entire floor area in relation to the walls and that the floor will be moveable, e.g. not held in place by heavy furniture, etc.
- If you are gluing your floor, always follow our recommendations and relevant rules for which glue to use.