Our floors are durable and easy to keep clean. With proper maintenance, your wood floor will retain its beauty for years to come. Light-stained and light-coloured species of wood, however, are more sensitive to wear-and-tear than dark ones, and therefore require more frequent cleaning and maintenance. For optimal care, ensure entrances are properly designed and have an area for wiping shoes. Below you will find an overview of maintenance requirements for our wood flooring in commercial areas.
Maintenance and care of lacquered floors in commercial environments:
- The factory-lacquered surfaces of Kährs wood floors can be strengthened with a further coat of lacquer to improve moisture resistance. This will not be necessary, however, if they will be used in a context similar to a domestic environment. Please note that an additional layer of lacquer may change the appearance of the floor's surface.
- Day-to-day cleaning should be carried out using dry methods. When using a combi-machine, use as little water as possible. Any residual water should be dried within one minute.
- Do not allow the lacquer to become worn. This will avoid dirt and water penetrating the wood, ensuring the floor will retain its easy-clean surface.
- If the floor is very worn, or needs renovation for some other reason, it can be machine-sanded to bare wood and have a new surface treatment applied.
Maintenance and care of oiled floors in commercial environments:
- The factory-oiled surface should be reinforced with Kährs Satin Oil directly after installation.
- Day-to-day cleaning should be based on dry methods such as vacuuming or sweeping, as use of water and cleaning agents increases the need for further maintenance.
- Wood floors require regular oil treatments. The frequency of treatments depends on its use and amount of foot traffic. Note that areas that are subject to greater wear than the rest of the floor can be partly treated.
- If simply renovating the surface treatment is insufficient, the wood floor can be machine-sanded down to clean wood, then re-oiled.
Maintenance and repair guides:
For detailed instructions regarding maintenance, re-oiling and re-lacquering procedures, download our complete guides:
Kährs Maintenance Guide for commercial areas