Most of our wood flooring is produced with our revolutionary glueless Woodloc® or Woodloc® 5S joint, which locks the boards together mechanically, with virtually invisible joints. The superior fit also enhances the floor's performance and durability.
Instruction film for installing Kährs wood flooring with Woodloc® 5S joint
Floor installaton checklist:
- A floor can only be as good as the subfloor permits.
- To avoid moisture absorption, open the packages only when needed during installation.
- When installing, the temperature of the materials, subfloor and on site must be at least 18 °C.
- The relative humidity on site must be below 60%.
- The subfloor must be dry, clean, solid and sufficiently flat.
- Soft, elastic subfloors must be adjusted.
- Make sure that the correct vapour barrier is fitted.
- The foam plastic underlay (EPS) must have sufficient compressive strength.
- The foam plastic film must comply with applicable thickness tolerances.
- Put aside any damaged or faulty floorboards.
For more detailed information regarding installation methods and sub-floor requirements, download the installation PDF for each product:
Installation Guide - Woodloc® 5S
Advice for installing Woodloc® 5S
Installation Guide - Woodloc® 5G
Installation Guide - Woodloc®
Installation Guide - Chevron Collection
Installation Guide - Tongue & Groove glue down
Installation instructions - 2-layer parquet flooring
Installation instructions - Activity Floor-Woodloc® 5S
Subfloor Requirements & Underfloor Heating